- Pneumatic Rubber Fender also well known in Indonesia as Yokohama Type Fender : Quantity and Size depending on size of Mother Vessel and Daughter Vessel involving on sts operations, the most considerable is LOA both ship
- Mother Vessel 7,000 - 50,000 DWT against Daughter Vessel 5,000 - 50,000 DWT used : 2.5m x 5.5m c/w swivels, shackles & moorings Chain Tyre Net
- Mother Vessel 7,000 - 13,000 DWT against Daughter Vessel 1,500 - 13,000 DWT used : 1.5 x 3.0m c/w swivels, shackles & moorings Chain Tyre Net Note : Various size of Pnuematic Rubber Fender
- 4.5m x 9.0m (Jumbo) c/w swivels, shackles & moorings Chain Tyre Net
- 3.3m x 6.5m c/w swivels, shackles & moorings Chain Tyre Net
- 2.5m x 5.5m c/w swivels, shackles & moorings Chain Tyre Net
- 2.0m x 3.5m c/w swivels, shackles & moorings Chain Tyre Net
- 1.0m x 1.5m c/w swivels, shackles & moorings Chain Tyre Net
- Type 241 Dunlop 6” dia x 40 meter transfer hose Various Common Size
- Type 241 Dunlop 4” dia x 40 meter transfer hose
- Type 241 Dunlop 6” dia x 40 meter transfer hose
- Type 241 Dunlop 8” dia x 40 meter transfer hose Well Known as Transferring Hose
- Type 433 Dunlop 10” dia x 10 meters
- Type 433 Dunlop 12” dia x 10 meters
Well Known as Bunkering Hose
- Walky Talky for easy communication (Cellular Phone is Restricted to be operated during sts operations, unless at certain safe place)
- Additional Rope
- Crew Boat for Personnel Transport / Mobilization
- Mooring Boat
- Personnel safety equipment : Safety shoes, Helmet, Life Jacket, Glasses, Masker
- Mooring Master / Loading Master It is very important To Employee certified Mooring Master and Loading Master to be the The Top Leader at STS Operations to Assist Both Master on Command of involving STS Fleet, Mooring Master Must Stay the whole time during STS Operations.
- Mooring Gang & Fender Technician Watchman At least 2 x 2 skilled person utilized as Mooring Gang to assist Ship's crew during mooring / unmooring and watching the fender during STS Operations
- Hose Technician Watchman At least 2 x 2 skilled person utilized as Hose Technician for Connecting / Disconnecting cargo hose ( Hose Technician Must follow Master / Loading Master Command for connecting and disconnecting cargo Hoses) and watching the Hoses during STS Operations
- Ship's Crew
A skilled good knowledge Ships Agent Must be appointed to Handle Vessel Permit
- Standard IN / OUT Port Clearance Formalities for all vessels involving in the STS operations
- In and Out Port Immigration Clearance
- In and Out Port Customs Clearance (for Imported Cargo only)
- In and Out Port Health Clearance
- In and Out Port/Harbour Master Clearance
- Apply and Obtain Permit for Dangerous Cargo Operations (in Case the cargo is classified as Dangerous Cargo)
- Apply and Obtain Permit for S.T.S Cargo Operations
For a vessel calling Indonesian Port for STS Operations and Carry IMPOTED CARGO a CUSTOMS CARGO AGENT Must be appointed separately, due to Government Regulation in Indonesia a ship agent is PROHIBITTED to be an Customs Cargo Agent, since both is DIFFERENT LEGAL ENTITY.
Customs Cargo Agent played Very Important Role. Imported cargo will NOT PERMITTING to be discharged, unless every single matters on Customs and Taxation Matters WELL CLEARED, Customs Cargo Agent handled very critical part on cargo STS Operations Permit, they have to walk through long process and BIT complicated deal with State Customs Officers.
Customs Line Categorization
Indonesian Customs Office Categorized into TWO CATEGORY for Cargo Customs Clearance process, GREEN LINE and RED LINE. This is little Vague and uncommon terminology and hard to be understood, even by Indonesians.
- Cargo Categorized as GREEN LINE Normal / Standard Process of Cargo Customs Clearance with quick and light cargo on the spot Inspection by Standard level Customs Officers, and inspection carried out all time (Holiday Include).
- Cargo Categorized as RED LINE Standard Process of Cargo Customs Clearance with DEEP AND DETAILS On the SPOT Inspection by Higher level of Customs Officers and Inspections carried out ONLY DURING OFFICE WORKING DAYS
E. For Every One Attentions
It is very helpful for Ships Agent and Customs Cargo Agent to present best service and avoiding unneccessary delay by HAVING COPY of CARGO SHIPPING DOCUMENTS as early as possible, especially for vessel ETA during WEEK END.
F. Brief Operations
- Tug Assistance Tug Assistance is almost Mandatory for Manoeuvre of Daughter Vessel to approach and safe alongside to Mother Vessel, at least ONE TUG BOAT is required, unless the daughter vessel equipped with good bow thruster and commanded by great Master.
Above brief is considering in general practise only, CAN NOT be used to refer International Standard STS Operations, since International Standard Operations must refers to applicable MARPOL, OICMF and Other Respected Regulations